Givio is turning charitable giving on it’s head. Unlike anything you’ve ever seen before, Givio is a mobile charitable giving app that allows people to give to and raise funds for their favorite causes, fast, easy and free.
We’re seeking a creative, innovative and self-starting Business Development Intern to join our remote based team and help us change an outdated industry, for good.
This is an unpaid, remote internship for someone based in the U.S. Work-study may be available.
The ideal candidate will share a combination of traits such as being charitably minded, entrepreneurial and results-focused. You’ll be flexible, eager to learn and equally eager to put that new knowledge to use.
What you’ll do:
The person that fills this position will have the opportunity to learn about some or all of the following: charitable giving, digital fundraising, business development, partnership creation, channel development, sales automation, email marketing and social selling. This person will be an important member of our team, applying newly learned concepts and skills to help us execute our business development goals. This person will have an opportunity to have a demonstrable footprint in the Givio ecosystem with direct access to the Givio leadership team.
- A reliable computer and internet access
- Skills in writing, communications, and time management
- Ability to learn how to use cloud-based software and tools with self-guided tutorials
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
- General knowledge of CRM, email marketing, sales automation and social selling
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, adaptability and ability to stay on track
- Basic knowledge of design principles as relates to ads and social media
Responsibilities may include:
- Research corporate and charity prospects to identify alignment with Givio’s mission and opportunities for partnership
- Analyze and synthesize key performance data to generate compelling problem statements and solutions that map to tailored partner requests and needs
- Assist in keeping accurate knowledge management by documenting partner contacts, conversations, and updates in Hubspot
- Draft email communications for prospects and partnerships
- Draft pitch decks for corporate prospects, future campaigns, and innovations for existing partnerships
- Support sales efforts by providing the support required to drive priority customer relationships and win individual deals/partnerships
Extra skills that will be a plus
- Experience volunteering and/or raising funds for a charitable organization, team or school
- Experience or a willingness to email, call, direct message prospects and partners
- Brainstorming and exploration of creative partnerships
- Willingness to provide ongoing, general support for the Business Development Team
- Innovation to deepen existing partnerships
We’re big believers in being the change you want to see in the world. This means we’re often seen rolling up our sleeves and diving into uncharted territory to solve problems and create solutions that will make good things happen. Though we work hard, we believe in finding the balance between achieving our goals and nurturing our lives outside of work. We’ll be mentoring our interns and passing along our skills and knowledge. But we also want to work with others that take responsibility for their learning path and demonstrate ambition.
We’re a Pending B Corporation. Which is our way of committing to ourselves and the world that we’re devoted to social and environmental responsibility through our actions, not just our words.
Givio is an equal opportunity employer.
If you think this sounds like a good fit to you, apply here.